Friday, December 10, 2010

What comes around goes around

Hi, do you guys believe in this....? Some people call it "Karma". It will get back to you. If not you, your wife, or your children, or anybody that you loved.... Well, this is what happened. One fine day, I went out with a friend. He was driving in a jam area of the town. Out of sudden, a mother with children were crossing the road from the other side, and stopped in the middle because the cars from our lane are moving. She's holding her two kids left and right. And surprisingly, none of the cars from our lane would like to give her way to cross, and when my friend passed through the poor mom and kids, he just pressed the pedal harder and make her pull her kids tight to her chest. And I saw one bus came from the other side, and almost hit her with the kids and horn her to give way.... Oh my God!!!! What is happening to the good morale of Malaysians??? I straight away turned at him and asked " why can't you stop and just give way to the poor lady?" and he answered me " I'm in a rush..." I've told him that it would take less than 60 seconds to make her cross by. He just kept quiet. So I said to him " Imagine that the one crossing the road is your wife and kids? Or imagine that the one in the middle of the road is your mom? Or imagine that your kids one day they will cross the road... Will you like people doing the same thing to them?" He just silent and showed me his guilty face.
I told him that when I was flying those days, I love to go shopping in Oxford Street in London. And I am very surprised with the people's hospitality there. I got no problem crossing the road, because they always give me ways and give priority to the pedestrians. This is what we lacking of in Malaysia, and Asia country. Hospitality and moral education. What children's learning today is what they see, hear and observe from the parent. We're the example for their future. Let's set the good example today for a better tomorrow.
I just want to share one good story I've gone through in life. What good things I've learnt from around the world, I applied it to myself. I always give way and priority to pedestrians. I always feel pity to anyone crossing the roads especially with children, elderly or anyone crossing in the rain. And always put myself in their shoe, coz I've gone through that. So, one day, my hubby pick me up from work with his motorcycle. Half way to home, and when we're about to enter the highway, his tyre was flat. We have no choice, rather than to walked to find the nearest workshop, which are about 3 km away. While walking about 100 metre, there's a pick up truck stopped in front of us. It's a malay couple and their son. He offered us to put the motorcycle on the truck and give us a lift to the nearest workshop. Alhamdulillah... What a blessed. Thank you to Allah. Even though I did not manage to get the couple's name, I will always remember them for the rest of my life. I've guess that all the good things that we have done will always come back to us. IsyaAllah....

No comments:

Post a Comment